The Second Chance Trailblazer Award will be given annually to four individuals who go above and beyond in seeking to reintegrate formerly incarcerated individuals back into society. This award is divided into four categories: Business, Media, Legislation, Activism.
View winners of past cycles below:
The qualifications for the winning nominees will be as followed:
Business – The Second Chance Trailblazer Awardee for Business will meet the following minimum criteria:
- Take our Pledge of Reintegration*.
- Have hired three (3) or more offenders with a record.
Media – The Second Chance Trailblazer Awardee for Media will meet the following minimum criteria:
- Document stories that showcase positive results of reform/reintegration OR track legislation that supports CJ reform.
Legislation – The Second Chance Trailblazer Awardee for Legislation will meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be a primary sponsor on legislation that would affect positive justice reform if passed**.
- Demonstrate continued support for reform throughout his/her career.
Activism – The Second Chance Trailblazer Awardee for Activism will meet the following minimum criteria:
- Have worked specifically on criminal justice related issues for at least 9 months.
- Must have worked on policy, mobilized support, OR volunteered time in favor of criminal justice reform.
Please fill out the following information for the candidate being nominated:
Nominations are currently closed.
* The Pledge of Reintegration does not need to be taken before being nominated, but must be taken before nominations are closed.
** Bills sponsored by nominees don’t need to pass in order to be considered, but passed bills will improve chances of winning.